Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's on the to-do list this weekend?



Oh, that's right.

I have a ten miler planned for tomorrow and methinks revisiting a running trail of yore might amp me up. Perhaps Los Penasquitos Canyon? It's been a loooo-ng time since I've run there. Lots of scrambling on very hot rocky paths, lots of close encounters with animals ("well hello there sunbathing rattlesnake in the middle of the trail"), but also some beautiful, shaded stretches of peaceful running. So peaceful that more than once I've convinced myself mid-run that I could be eaten by a mountain lion or attacked by a coyote and no-one would know (see "off-beat ways to boost your running pace.")

A couple of summers ago I had to make friends with some horses in the paddock at the mile-five turnaround and ask them to share some of their water. Believe me I would have asked a human mammal had I seen any. Gross, yes. Do I decide to wing it with the water belt on long runs anymore? No.

Hmm, if only I'd known about the Lemonadeberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment